Call for Submissions
WHITE COAT, Warm ART Exhibit ~ Halifax Nova Scotia April 28th to 30th.
We are pleased to announce the 9th “White COAT, Warm ART Exhibit” which is held annually in conjunction with the Canadian Conference on Medical education (CCME).
This exhibit will showcase the creative talents of medical / other health sciences faculty, residents, students, and physicians and other health professionals from across Canada. This will be a juried exhibition. Entries can include, oils, water colours, photographs, pastels, etchings, pen and ink, etc. Some limited space will also be available for the display of small sculptures.
YOU MUST SPECIFY WHICH CATEGORY YOU ARE SUBMITTING TO:
1) Live Exhibit: Artists selected for the live exhibit must either plan to bring their art themselves to the exhibit or arrange to have it brought and picked up by someone else. Any Shipping arrangements (delivery AND Packing for Return Shipping) must be arranged entirely by the artist (we don’t have the resources to arrange shipping). Any shipping (& Insurance) expenses are born by the artist.
2) Digital Exhibit: If you don’t plan to attend the exhibit or are unable to have your art brought by a colleague, please submit to the “Digital Exhibit”.
Artistic Selection: For the live exhibit, art that captures the experience of practicing and/or learning medicine is welcomed. This can be conveyed either in the image or the artist statement. Selection for all pieces will be based on artistic merit, and demonstrated skill in effecting a particular artistic vision in the media chosen.
NEW SUBMISSION PROCESS
1) Register with teachingmedicine.com (it’s free)
2) Click on Art Gallery
3) Submit your artwork to the “White Coat Warm heART 2018 Gallery”
4) You will be prompted to include a “Description of Artwork” (60 words max: describe the art itself, and the role of art making in your professional life)
5) For judging purposes please include the word LIVE or DIGITAL in the Description of Artwork. (e.g. LIVE “This is a painting of a heart….”)
6) If you have any problems with the submission process Email ASAP
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline for Submission is:
Sunday January 28th, 2018 by 5PM Pacific Standard Time.
• Artworks must be created by submitting faculty, residents, students or those involved in the healthcare/ wellness field
• Art displayed at other exhibits are welcomed.
• A maximum of 2 artworks per artist can be submitted.